OptimizePress runs on WordPress which you must be running on your a professional hosting/server service (such as HostGator, SiteGround etc). You will also need a domain linked to your hosting in order to license your site.
We recommend hosting your site with SiteGround, but if you are using another web host, please check they have the following:
- Your server/hosting must be running PHP 5.3 or above
- MySQL 5.0 or greater
- WordPress 3.6 or above
- PHP Shortcodes must be enabled
- cURL must be enabled
- The mod_rewrite Apache module
- Memory limit set to at least 64MB, usually in the php.ini file (like this: memory_limit = 64M)
- The minimum upload size to at least 35MB, usually in the php.ini file (like this: upload_max_filesize = 35M)
- The minimum max_input_vars setting in the php.ini file should be 3000 or higher (like this: max_input_vars = 3000). This allows creating pages with long content such as sales pages.
- The max_execution_time should be set to 60 to avoid issues with server timeouts during installation.
- No firewalls blocking access from our licensing server (this is used to validate your license)
- Please check you also have permissions to write to the theme/plugin folder
- fopen function enabled on server (not required in all cases but recommended if you have issues)
- 200mb Free space on your hosting/server (the theme only takes up around 50mb of space but other space is required during installation)
- The server must be online - we are not compatible with localhost installations
For editing pages in the OptimizePress LiveEditor we do also recommend a minimum screen size of 15 inches and resolution of 1280x800. Find out more on this here
PHP variables that would normally be editable within a php.ini file may also be modified by creating a ".user.ini" file (without quotes) within the main WordPress directory. Normally the same directory where you would find your wp-config.php file.
To ensure you set PHP variables correctly, here is what the contents of the .user.ini file should look like (note if your server already meets some of these, you may omit the lines for those variables):
max_execution_time = 60
max_input_time = 60
upload_max_filesize = 35M
post_max_size = 35M
max_input_vars = 3000
memory_limit = 64M
This method works well in most hosting environments. You may need to reboot the server in some cases or wait some time and clear your browser and site cache in order to see the changes.