Before you install OptimizePress it's very important that you check your web host is properly setup to support our platform.
Your Domain & Hosting
OptimizePress requires you to have your own web hosting and domain. Our platform does not run on the free WordPress.com hosted service, you must have your own web hosting which is linked to a domain you have purchased.
We recommend SiteGround hosting - they have packages starting from around $5 which will support a basic OptimizePress site - and you can upgrade this as your site traffic increases
- Your server/hosting must be running PHP 5.3 or above
- MySQL 5.0 or greater
- WordPress 3.6 or above
- PHP Shortcodes must be enabled
- cURL must be enabled
- The mod_rewrite Apache module
- Memory limit set up at least 64MB
- upload_max_filesize at least 35MB
- No firewalls blocking access from our licensing server (this is used to validate your license)
- Please check you also have permissions to write to the theme/plugin folder
- fopen function enabled on server (not required in all cases but recommended if you have issues)